Saturday, September 22, 2007

September 18 - The Chinese Ghostbuster


18 Met my body therapy nurse for the second time. Being in a drowsy state, I agreed to postpone the exercises. Filled out a few forms, estemating my mood on a scale from one to a hundred points. Pointed out that’s rather hard, but that I figured that pondering on how to commit suicide at least every five minutes must count as a hundred. Now I was more of a generous eighty. We cut it early.

Picked up my “Chinese Ghostbuster” painting, which I ordered to be framed and put behind glass. Had it tucked away since I visited China last year, but thought I oughta do something about it. The story is: we were watching a Chinese guy talk about his art school and showing us a few paintings his school mates and teachers had made. He held up one of a “spirit hunter” and I knew I had to get that one. The price was reasonable, so right after the lecture I stepped forward and asked about that watercolor piece. “It’s the Chinese Ghostbuster!” he beamed and I was dumbfound. There was no Ghostbuster logo visible on me, no nothing. The rest is history, and the painting is mine.