Saturday, September 22, 2007

September 10 - Tourettes


One of them strange mood swings. First half of the day was unusually fine, but in a split second I plunged. Watched a great documentary about Tourettes, which means you have uncontrollable tics. The British guy was seeing people with other mental problems, like schizophrenia. As he used to be a talented concert pianist, this being his vent, he also visited a young autistic guy. He was so cute! This I had to tell my boyfriend, and he questioned if that little guy was blond and had glasses, which I reluctantly had to admit.

It was rather fascinating (ow, wrote that word without any hidden agenda) that the Tourettes man came to the conclution that the autistic boy seemed not to be very inspired, but rather cold regarding his gift of making great jazz music. An autist seeming not emotional? That’s a laugh. When did they ever? I’m writing this as aspergers is also called ”mild autism” and I have indeed read up on it. Poor man, he was on the quest of finding his love and fascination again, but I don’t think the inspiration is to be found in the excitement of an autist doing his thing. No offense.