Saturday, September 22, 2007

September 4 - Viktor, boxed


Time for our cat shelter guy Viktor to get his annual vaccination. The photo shows when he’s sitting in a small cardboard box which used to contain a model Slimer I ordered from the US. That’s the sweetest photo I have.

We went to the vet, bringing Morticia and Decibel along. They too needed to start up their vaccination, and additionally get a code tattoo on their left ear. Through this code, people can turn to a register and ask who owns the stray. Not that my girls stray, but you never know. Our beloved Azrael disappeared without a trace over a year ago and I’m sad every day. The two times in my life when I turned to God, if there is one, was when Azrael disappeared and when I’d been locked up at the crazy house. They wouldn’t let me out. Losing Azrael still was the worst of the two. How I regret the young cat didn’t have a code tattoo!

The visit went well. We didn’t know how Viktor would react to being handled by strangers, poked with a needle, so we said they’d better watch out. He’s the most adorable social guy, but he’s strong and has some bad memories from before we adopted him that might kick in. It was heartbreaking to see my lovely beautiful Victor simply shake by fear, eyes open wide.

The sister cats of mine were brought home unconscious. Morticia, the girl who always tries to reach Mach 1 whatever she’s up to, woke up quickly and was allowed venture outdoors after being able to stand on her four legs for two hours. Decibel, her slightly older sister, was way more woozy and needed many more hours to feel fit again. As usual when she’s worried she demanded to stay in bed with me, under a cozy blanket. She says that’s the safest place in the world.