Friday, May 04, 2007

May 3rd, 2007 - John's ghost stories

Man, had a bad hangover this day as well! Fortunately, the sleeping-pills worked this time, so I had a good night's sleep. Why is it "good night's sleep" and not "night's good sleep"? Aspies tend to analyze these things. Couldn't clean and such like planned, however. Thought I wanted to neutralize those machines which were roaring just at the outskirts of my garden, digging up the road. Freaking noise! Ruining a perfectly good day to be outdoors some.

Pondered if I should mail a writer who was on TV the other day, John Ajvide Lindqvist. He wrote three books and they are so great! He's my second favorite - Margaret Atwood being my number one. Anyway, I saw John on TV a few months ago and thought I just had to get a hold of his books. He's labeled the "King of Fright", but as he said, it's not too hard to be a King if he's the only one in his genre in this country. His stuff is SO the very best "scary books" I ever read! Stephen King, go hide. Wouldn't let go of "Paper Walls". I thought scary supernatural books by definition were crap, which I'd overlook as I'm into the genre no matter what, but John's books are... magic.

I've read some 2.000 books, roughly counting, and I'm hard to please. This was like "wow, he did it! Completely new twists, great word treatment, supernatural beings you never heard of or could imagine!" The content of the last page is never possible to foresee, and when the book is finished you just don't want it to be. He was great during that half-hour show, but the interviewer wasn't. I got rather upset when that mofo continously revealed the ending of novels and novellas. They're gonna film and translate his first two novels! Isn't that great?