Wednesday, March 22, 2006

March 18 - Wrong winner

This Saturday we went to my boyfriend's parents to watch the Swedish Song Contest competition. I was rather upset when one of my favorite bands, Bodies Without Organs, didn't win but come second. Who won? Well, of course it was Carola. Always Carola. BWO would be much better to send off to Greece, as they are massively popular in Eastern Europe and farther east, as Russia and Japan.

My boyfriend and I had decided we should play my new British Real Ghostbusters tape in the car, but we forgot the tape. It is a very funny version where a British speaker tells the story and tries to match the guy's voices all by himself. It took awhile to get to the part where Egon speaks, and of course, as the Brits tend to, he had a nasal whiny old man's voice. My two other British tapes features separate voice actors, but Egon sounds quite as horrible. "That's how he's supposed to sound!" my boyfriend laughed. The episode being mangled was "Drool, the dog-faced goblin." I found it real cheap on eBay, by some odd search, but didn't show up among the regular "Ghostbusters" hits. Strange.