Wednesday, March 22, 2006

March 14 – Rare RGB DVD

Had to get up at 7:30 in order to get an injection, which I need as I’m going to China. It’s just two weeks left! I’m not anxious, but one concern is that I will probably have a sleeping disorder.

Won a rare Real Ghostbusters DVD on eBay. It originally came with a newspaper in order to promote the series being aired on Fox in England. It has a really nice picture of the guys and is said to contain "Mr. Sandman, dream me a dream". Just three pounds, a find. Then I won the Extreme Ghostbusters single for just 25 pence. That’s my kind of sale price!

Bought the somewhat rare AMT ECTO-1A in box. It was from a Swedish auction site and I outbid the poor collector of that particular kind of Cadillac. Had to sit up in the middle of the night to make sure he didn’t outbid me. It’s not the first time I outbid him…

Then I outbid a guy who really wanted to get the RUN DMC small vinyl single including the song “Ghostbusters”, which, for some reason, tends to be rare. That too was off the Swedish auction site. Had to sit up at 6:30 in the morning to win it, and it wasn’t the cheapest single I ever bought. Why do people put things up for auction at 6:30 in the morning? Do they expect a final bidding fight at that hour?