Saturday, May 30, 2009

Back to fight the evil

First, Id like to apologize and explain to those who got no answer from me. Especially when it comes to private messages. I dont know if someone posted in this blog – maybe I left it open for comments. I havent looked. Also I apologize for the odd English which is to follow. This keyboard doesnt seem to have the abbreviation key. Thats what you get if buying a cheep keyboard like this.

As you might have noticed, theres been no updates regarding my site ghostbusters.se for a very long time. This isnt because I stopped being a fan... theres no way Ill ever stop. Been devastated and hamptered by the comments I got when I was active on mailing lists and by what I was told in mails. It will always haunt me, it seems, to a point of not being able to produce art, stories or whatever. Its been many years since I posted anything.. The worst thing was to be publicly ridiculed and bluntly told off at lenght as a person, not just regarding my art and stories. After that I was totally ignored. There was nothing to do. I regret it so bad, having posted anything. Regretted it every day for so many years.

Last week I was able to draw a few portraits of the RGBs. First time I didnt panic when holding a pencil and looking at a sketch pad. I missed drawing, and I miss writing stories even more. Being short of money, Ive ordered just the most neccessary things over the years, such as the new GB comics and the official collectors edition of RGB episodes on DVD. Booked the game, of course. Im so looking forward to it. There will be a uprise in GB fans. New ones, unlike an anachronism like me. New opinions and new canon. GBs using cellphones, I figure. Heresy!

Yeah, I should know better than to comment new GB stuff, any stuff whatsoever, but heres one. The four new miniseries comics as of last year. Me no like! Not the story, the art, the characters, the design, the covers. Can I say that? Thrilled that there was a recent GB release, but who wrote the stuff? Some Venkman (Venk-Man! even) obsessed superhero fan? Cant even figure where to begin pouring oozing goo on the thing. The guys never talked like that. Hurts my eyes. Couldnt they let someone experienced proofread, make the story add up, scrap the faultering plot, discard the completely incorrect cover and let the GBs be the GBs we know and love? If theres RGB influence, why not let it be moderately canon? And their hair! What happened to their hairstyle? Need tip-ex and a filter pen.

Okay, lets drop the topic. My most recent personal horror took place just an hour ago. Posted about a robbery on a site dedicated to rumours and brainstorm regarding crimes. My post was deleted right away by the moderator! “Cant publish links to articles because it violates copyright laws.” Way to go. My first post, immediately refused at 4:30 AM. So not going to log on again. Apologized to the moderator a million times, explaining that I thought it was okay to link in a spoiler, because many people do. What was I supposed to do, post my petition and “go ahead, google it, make sure you take a peek at the surveillance cam photos if you can find them”. They rob the grocery store, axe and gun in hand, and I mustnt post?

Well, thats all, folks. Lets see if my blog is still out there and cross fingers that I remember the damn password. Ill see if I can update the site. Kick it back into action. There must be something I can throw in. A sketch, maybe. Sorry I cant proofread the English above... the Word dictionary wasnt included on this comp. Beh.

Labels: