Sunday, December 25, 2005

December 20 - Egonia

Trying to start writing a novel again, which I began four years ago. It was just some 15 pages at the time, but I've been writing patiently and have reached 50 pages the last coupla days. As I want to publish something and the crappiest novels are fantasy novels, it's easier to succeed if I write such, right? I do have some earlier experience by writing an awful lot of RGB stories and surely I pick out the bits and parts I like most...

The thing is, of course I wanna write about the 'busters! What do we do, but take a pair of 'busters and make them main characters? Clever, eh? Sort of. Egon's in it and we've got Peter the werewolf. I love werewolves. I wrote such a novel before and can do it again. Don't know if lycanthropes are okay in fantasy novels, so I made Egon an elf. Hah! I kill myself. This is very amusing. It's called "The journey to Egonia".

My boyfriend says it's sure to be published, or he'll start up his own publishing firm. He can't take that Egon's called Egane and Peter's called Petor, but he thinks I can get around the character theft as they don't quite look nor behave the same. Then I made Petor come from Lupusvill and my boyfriend said "Hey, now everybody's gonna know it's RGB!" and I went "You've been RGB poisoned real good. You think someone's gonna remember some odd eighties animated series show and a town, Lupusville, in that one episode?" and he declared I was right.

The hard bit is that the RGB fanfic list did a very very good job to make me gun shy about writing stories. I pace much more than I write. Sneakily I borrowed Egon and Peter, so I HOPE it will lead to being able to write at least one itty bitty RGB story again. That's the best thing life's got to offer, isn't it?