Monday, June 01, 2009

J. Michael Straczynski movie

Yesterday my boyfriend and I watched the "Changeling" movie. I didnt know much about it, besides from vaguely guessing what genre it is and that Angelina Jolie is the main actress. We were delighted and gave it a 5 outta 5, because we always rate movies weve seen and pretty much always agree on the score. Stayed to watch the credits and dropped my chin when it said that J. Michael Straczynski had written it!

He is the guy who made the Real Ghostbusters what they are. He wrote the best episodes and brought so much life and wit to the series. Was a bit puzzled how he could write a script claimed to be a "true story", but googled the film and found that he had spent a year researching the event which took place in the late 1920s. I dont wont to spoil the plot, but its the kind of true story I always look for when roaming the library. A pleasent and surprising way to learn what J. Michael Straczynski has been up to lately.

Its sad that Susan Boyle didnt win the competition. Today I read she had some kind of mental breakdown caused by stress. I worried something like that would happen. I pray that shell meet nicer personnel than I did when being admitted to a psychiatric ward. As for coming second best in the competition, I agree with the article I read yesterday - that the Americans dont care if she won or not, because they want to see the woman who got a hundred million hits on youtube. Shes supposed be out on a tour in the US in the future.

Labels: