Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP, Michael Jackson.

June 26, 2009

Last night I checked the news on the web before going to bed. Found out that a news flash had been published just a minute earlier, saying that Michael Jackson died. That was a shock, even as I knew he was in pretty bad shape. Fox News established a streamed link and we saw the reporter waiting for the cue to start. Two hours later they still hadn’t made it to the press conference, so we went to bed, because it was 3 AM, local CET. A legend has passed away and I’m sad he was just 50 years old. He had planned to make a comeback tour and all tickets were already sold. Requiescat In Pace, Michael Jackson.

In the evening we were paid a visit by a friend of my boyfriend. They’ve known each other since childhood. They dug up a large set of magician’s gadgets and we had so much fun trying to figure out how to handle them. Included were, of course, the stuff they had ordered unseen and found out to have been fooled into buying, because they were described as being quite amazing. I filmed some and it was hilarious. The two goofed up all the time, as when they were doing the amazing trick of the levitating ball behind tees hung up to dry. They had always thought the ball was called ”Zoomie”, but the box read ”Zombie”. I’ve never seen such funny magicians. Unbelievable how you can undeliberately turn rope tricks and card tricks into such gags. Should upload the clips on youTube.

Learned that the Ghostbusters game is going to be released way later in Europe than in the States. That’s so unfair! I wonder if you can order it from overseas instead. That’s the first game I picked out and will pay for myself since NES. My boyfriend’s a computer game freak and buys a lot of consoles and games. This is why I pre-ordered the Xbox version, because Wii has the cartoon characters. Not as good as the Xbox, so I advice all fans to choose wisely.