Sunday, July 19, 2009

July 14, 2009 - lil' laptop

Finally, got a laptop! It’s just an old one dating back to 1996, which dad got cheap from a flea market, but still – my very own laptop! He’s got a new one now, so I asked if I can have this one, and he agreed. Have to get a 3½ floppy drive installed on the other PC or I won’t be able to transfer anything, but I found one in the cabinet, so hopefully that will work. Yet another miracle is that this Word program comes with an English spellchecker! That’s even better standard than our computer has to offer.

So neat to be able to sit anywhere I like, writing stuff. Haven’t checked the battery capacity, but can drag a power cable half way cross the garden, so I’m virtually mobile! Felt like a flashback to 1994, when we got a decent Windows 95 comp. Nice keyboard, almost inaudible when tapping on the keys. Ordered a laptop bag some two years ago, from Australia I think, because it had a nifty reflective Ghostbusters logo. Comes well in handy now.

My parents visited and it went well. Got their old TV box, so now we can watch all channels again. The cats thought it to be most peculiar that guests were staying here, so they were running around, not being sure if they dared to be in the house. My two old cats lived with me back at my parent’s house, and they said it was nice to meet again. Viktor thought it was fun to be around, so thrilled that he started chasing his own tail on the porch. Little Tigger didn’t dare to be patted, but at least they caught a glimpse of him. He’s been through hard times in his short life, so the only two people he trusts is us.

My boyfriend uses the comp so much that I haven’t been able to update my blog, but now I hope to be able to update it more frequently. Most important, I can use the laptop to write stories. Maybe I can continue my novel, or write Real Ghostbusters stories. Hopefully I’ll get around to write a new novel of some sort. Would be nice to be a successful writer, so I’ll get some income. Kidding – I know I’m not that good. Still don’t know if I’ll be getting any money from August and on. Some woman called last week and asked
questions regarding my sickness retirement. She said the primary reason was listed as being my aspergers. Well, I’d jump for joy if that was a greater reason than the depression.