Sunday, August 09, 2009

Being human


Been a bad couple of weeks. Can barely leave the house. Getting through the days one by one, hoping that things will be better, but I don’t know for how long I’ll manage. Still looking for a new place to live, but the most recent house turned out to be too close to the heavily trafficked railroad and we can’t risk that the cats get hurt.

Cutting down on medication since Spring, because I have to try everything in order to change the situation. Have read a lot about anti depressives and maybe I’ll be better off not eating any. As for now, I’ll be able to quit completely within a fortnight. Haven’t consulted a doctor about it, because there isn’t any available, and they always just hear me out anyway. Feels like the last option, quitting medication. Doesn’t feel much worse to be on a low dose than a high one.

During the wee hours someone played eighties music, and at about 3 AM this someone managed to play Ray Parker Jr.’s “Ghostbusters”. That was nice, lying sleepless to the sound of my old song. An hour later I had given in and eaten a sleeping pill, so I don’t know when they quit making noise.

Speaking of noise, the five-year-old next door is making me very miserable. Yesterday she screamed all day again. Why does having aspergers include that some sounds are unbearable? Number one horror is babies and kids screaming. Did I mention that aspies have slapped yelling kids when we can’t escape, like on a small open ferry or in an elevator? I know you can’t do that, but I sure understand my poor kindred souls if they cross the border. Parents don’t care if they let their brats terrorize people in any way. Strangely enough, the sounds we can’t bear appears to correspond to those sounds cats can’t put up with. Chinking china and tin foil, dog barks, vacuum cleaning, things like that.

Our national TV is airing a wonderful BBC series, “Being human”. It’s six episodes about three aged twenty-something roommates, being a werewolf, a vampire and a ghost. Absolutely delightful and highly recommended! I’m thrilled they’re gonna make a second season. Saw the pilot as well, which was different in many ways, but I found it equally great. The pilot ghost girl was hard to understand because of her accent. Interesting to see how they go about when they sell in a TV-series. Glad they kept the actor portraying George the werewolf. He’s a natural. A nerd werewolf, love that. They have good episode plots and is very nicely filmed. The “serious talks” in the small room with Rien gnomes wallpaper is brilliant.

“Being human” has kept me afloat lately. Tried to write two RGB stories, but I can’t focus. My boyfriend is watching a Babylon 5 spin-off called “Crusade”, which he got on DVD from me on his birthday. Apparently Straczynski wrote some episodes.

Labels: