Saturday, August 15, 2009

Man on the moon next door


Stumbled upon a website with a lot of old photographs. When I typed in the name of the area where I grew up, I found a photo of my great grandmother and her mother! One of the photos was familiar, but the other was new to me. It felt so odd, finding the faces of my ancestors in a museum photo collection on the web. The photos were taken some hundred years ago.

Speaking of ancestors, my family descends from the blacksmiths of the 17th century in the vicinity, and that makes us related to Buzz Aldrin! I’m thrilled, but takes a bit more research to be certain. Furthermore, that common ancestor lived in the house next to my parents’, where I grew up! My genome’s been on the moon, isn’t that something? I’m thinking of continuing my researches regarding ancestry, focusing a bit on the people that emigrated to the US. Better than staring at the wall and being miserable.

Yesterday I went to town on my own, because my boyfriend can’t join - he’s too ill. Bought two soft cat transportation bags, in case we’re moving soon. Also a lightning strike protection device for the phone line, because the dreadful thunderstorm managed to hit both the telephone cable and the power supply cable. Killed my foot warming pad, which I need badly or my feet will freeze and fall off, and a phone. We unplug everything all the time, but seems like the neighbor with the screaming kid wasn’t very precautios - his TV, computer, TV-box et cetera broke. He wrote that on his blog. Too bad the lightning strike didn’t short-circuit the kid’s vocal cords.

Was wearing a Real Ghostbusters tee in town, but I don’t ever look at people’s faces, so I don’t know if anyone looked. When I got home I had a bad migraine on the rise, but we watched Eddie Murphy’s “A vampire in Brooklyn”, which I adored. Very funny, I can see why it’s cult.