Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Swedish DVD: Real Ghostbusters


I’m so excited! Was checking release date regarding the Ghostbusters Xbox computer game. It’s getting on my nerves, not having played this game yet. Listed all Ghostbusters titles on the shopping site where I booked the game, and was astounded to see that Sweden has released its very own Real Ghostbusters DVD - first season on two discs! Doesn’t include the Swedish voiceover, so I figure the ones they aired on TV won’t make it to DVD, but lo and behold - it included German voiceover! I’m not sure if it’s my sweet beloved TV-version kind, or the dreaded videotape version, but surely I ordered it straight away. Can’t believe it, they released it in Sweden, with a Swedish cover! Am on a “buy nothing budget”, but I rather eat old shoes than miss out on owning this gem. Hope it’s better quality than the DVDs of my collector’s edidion complete collection box - the pixelasion pisses me off.

Not only did they release Real Ghostbusters, but Extreme Ghostbusters, first season! Ordered that too. Swedish release, my! Not sure about the release date when it comes to the DVDs, but I’ll find out somehow. Seems it wasn‘t so long ago. Listening to “The thing in mrs Faversham’s attic” on YouTube, or, ehrm, the German version, actually. I truly regret to have pointed out in fandom that I love their version, but… I really do love it. Silly smile on my face right now. Don’t know how many times I saw that episode, is enough to just listen to it in order to “see” the animation in my mind. Doesn’t seem like someone uploaded the Swedish voiceover episode on YouTube… or don’t know how to search for it. Aw, now I found “No one comes to Lupusville” in German on YouTube! Bliss!