Saturday, September 26, 2009

Got the GB game!

Got the Ghostbusters game yesterday! It’s so beautiful… better than I could ever imagine. Got some serious sensory overload. Hampered by not knowing how to handle the controller, though. Being mainly Real Ghostbusters oriented, I was confused by my first “mission” - firing at Slimer? Found myself begging Ray not to, that couldn’t be right, but then Slimer took off and I was supposed to go after him. Surely he’d have to be in the kitchen, I figured. Spoke to the Vigo painting next to Janine, and it was the voice of Max von Sydow, a fellow Swede. Well, shan’t give the story away, but a Rookie with no experience with the xbox360 controller is no good. Have to read up on the manual.

Unfortunately, I was too ill to play. As much as I wanted to devote the evening to the GB game, there was no chance. Went to bed in the afternoon to get some rest, but didn’t wake up until this morning. Been too sick to play today, can’t even read a simple news article. Just drank two strong cups of coffee and hope to soon be able to focus on the game. My boyfriend is watching soccer, so the TV’s occupied, but an hour from now I’ll have another go at it. Watching some Real Ghostbusters episodes while writing this.

Making progress with my ancestral research - found two more Sven Svensson, so now they’re six. One ancestor was a soldier in Pommern during the war. Finally found that Belgian Walloon I’ve heard rumours about, born 1620 something. The only immigrant so far.