Friday, September 04, 2009

Making a punk rock album


Man, fever when sleeping causes strange dreams, indeed. Was making an entire album with my second favorite band, Die Ärzte. Bela B and me shooting videos and recording a new album. The songs were great, not something you realize were crap when waking up. Wonder if I was singing in my sleep. Not that I ever get rested when sleeping, but this was hard work. Was so ill yesterday evening that I didn’t know what to do, was just pacing around the house. Forget about eating for an entire day, because I have no sense of hunger, and I have to be careful so I don’t wound myself, because I have almost no sense to the skin… and so on and so on… boring...

Anyway, back to Die Ärzte. My boyfriend wrote a mail to another of their band members once, Farin Urlaub, asking if he could use a song in a school project. He answered right away, even as it was Friday evening! They had such a funny conversation, Farin wondering where he got their albums from, “they belong to my girlfriend, she had them before we met” but that he’d been a big fan before that… even more confusion on Farin’s behalf, were their band that popular in Sweden? They formed in 1984 (glorious year!) and I’ve collected their albums for some fifteen years. Here’s a link to one of their latest hits, Junge, gore warning. Includes an “Uncle Werner”, which is particularly amusing, because my boyfriend’s got such an uncle. Aw, I just love them… humor and talent galore! Bela’s into vampires and has to include a song on each album about such lovely creatures. Too bad the album Bela and I just made won’t make it to the stores.

As for stores, have to go shopping for groceries. Don’t see how that’s supposed to happen, given the shape I’m in. Hiding in the hood of a big black Ghostbusters logo sweater… have anime-punk hair because of stress, half has fallen off and the half that’s still there is a spiky crazed mess. Watching another Die Ärzte video, speaking of hair. “My baby was at the hairdresser and now I don’t like her anymore. Life is hard, life is hard.” Lol, word!

Labels: