Thursday, September 03, 2009

Watching RGB on tape


No Swedish Real Ghostbusters on YouTube, but found an amusing contribution where someone had spent six minutes filming his Swedish RGB magazine collection. Simply had to make a video reply where I’d filmed mine. My odd sense of humor. Weird to see that clip, knowing those gems weren’t mine, but his!

Scanned and included the magazine pic which was missing on my site, because I was handling it when making that clip. As for “magazine” and “comic”, I learned that the latter has a certain amount of text, so the Swedish ones aren’t technically comics.

Had to play an entire videotape with the Swedish Real Ghostbusters in order to cure the abscense of their voices on the DVD release. Big smile when hearing “Trippelkola med nötter, din favvis!“, can’t hear Peter say that to Slimer too many times. Got upset when watching “Halloween 2½” because it’s got those awful Ghostbusters Juniors, a bunch you surely wanna flatten with a steamroller. Noticed they had some Ghostbusters ring, looking like mine! Didn’t remember that bit.

Drew some RGB stuff while listening, but didn’t turn out well. Always get disappointed when I draw. Tried to use ink an a steel blade pen for the first time, but my hand is too jittery and I don’t have patience to wait for the lines to dry. It’s grandpa’s old pen and after treating it with much force I managed to bend the blade enough to cooperate a bit, but beh…can’t ever calculate what the ink line will look like… thick, thin, blob, or just a scratch without any ink at all. Even works better if I keep the blade‘s front side downwards. The above pic is made with good ol’ grafit pen and colored on the comp. Not satisfied one bit, but I don’t draw much. Like, twice a year, or something.

Been running a temperature for over a week now. Had a million symptoms, but I prefer it, because I get less anxious. Don’t know why, but all the automatic accusations and panics mellow out a bit when I’m too ill physically to get anything done anyway. I figure that’s why I could calm down enough to draw.